1 Corinthians 12:12-20
12. For as the body is one, and hath many members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spriit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18. But now hath God set the members everyone of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20. But now are they many members, yet but one body.
A lady in our church loves to put puzzles together. She’s really good at it too. I was at her home yesterday, and she had started a new puzzle. Everything was already out lined, and she was grouping puzzle pieces together that had the same design. She wanted me to look at some of the pieces. As I looked closely, I noticed that these were not ordinary puzzle pieces. They were uniquely shaped. Not anything like your usual puzzle pieces. The Lord immediately begin to speak to me.
For several months I have been teaching weekly about the five-fold ministry. I have said week after week about how each person is important to the work of the Lord, and to the commission that God has given the church. I’ve made reference to how each person is a puzzle piece and if one piece is missing the whole picture is ruined. This is true. I will always stand by it, but now, I have a deeper revelation.
We’re all different. Different races, different backgrounds, different up bringings. We’re unique. Just like the pieces in the church ladies puzzle. And although we are all unique, and different, it doesn’t decrease our value, or importance when it comes to completing the picture. So whatever God has asked you to do, do it with all of your heart.
YOU ARE IMPORTANT
YOU ARE NEEDED
YOU ARE VALUED!